August 8, 2012

Goings On

Hello everyone.

I know I've been neglecting this blog recently, and I apologize for that. I'm trying to support myself entirely via oysters these days, and I'm finding that that takes a lot of time and energy -- more even than I had anticipated. Here's a basic rundown of what I've been up to:

- I've scaled back my "real job" of shucking oysters (and generally being an oyster badass) to just the weekends, so that I can have freedom to pursue other ventures and yet maintain a steady income with which to pay my bills.

- I'm making decent progress on the oyster book that I'm writing, and I'm hoping to have enough of it finished and polished to start making proposals to publishers within the next few months.

- In addition, I'm also teaching oyster classes via Skillshare. So far, I'm teaching an intro-level class for people who want to learn more about oysters, and also including shucking lessons and a dozen oysters (per person) in the 2-hour class. There is a oyster/drink pairing class in the works, but I have to find a venue for the class that will allow the consumption of alcoholic beverages (I try to keep everything on the up-and-up).

- The majority of the remainder of my energy is going towards personal branding, building a website, and creating a small business to cater oysters for parties and such. This part is probably the most stressful.


It's been slow going, but I'm making steady progress. Unfortunately, all of these things take away from the time and energy it takes to create new blog posts, but it never really leaves my mind, so fear not! Updates will return once I get some of my other ventures under control.

In the meanwhile, if anyone would like to contact me about my side project or for consulting, etc. please email me at brady@theostreaphile.com and I'll get back to you in a jiffy.


Take care, I'll be back soon.


1 comment:

  1. Tell me about it. My buddy and I have been doing the same thing while both independently managing raw bars at restaurants (which is usually a 60 hour a week job at minimum at our respective restaurants). It's been a tough battle but worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete